Monday, November 12, 2007

Mother May I Fun Monday

MOTHER MAY I
Now before we begin, here are the directions from "Mother Anni"--
You're to take 30 GIANT steps away from your computer. [my suggestion is to do this when you're in the house/apartment by yourself!! I did my homework already, to test my idea before suggesting it, and hubby was ready to commit me!! No really. Besides, we have the nearest loony bin on our speed dial!!]
- 30 GIANT STEPS - IN ANY direction. You may have to make a few turns and pivots so you won't run into any walls or such...don't want any injuries today! WARNING: Avoid any obstacles in the way- if there's a door...open it & continue, if there is a wall...pivot AROUND it. You may end up outdoors! Or perhaps if a small apartment....down the hallway....who knows?!! :::thinking::: "Oh gawd, if there's a pool at the end of your thirty steps, I sure as H E double L hope you can swim!!!!"
After the 30 giant steps, Stop!
TAKE A PHOTO AND/OR NOTE WHAT YOU'RE SEEING!!
Then, take 15 baby steps back.
After the 15 baby steps, Stop!
TAKE A PHOTO AND/OR NOTE WHAT YOU'RE SEEING
LOOK in any direction -to your right, left, up [more than likely, not down ---that'd be your feet!!]. What you see is what we get!!
Stop!
It's all about your first glance after the giant/baby steps!!! [You will have two photos/stories for us- the 30 giant steps then, the 15 baby steps going back]
Don't forget---ask "Mother may I"!!
Okay...go. Have some fun.
Oh, and to answer your "Mother may I?" Yes, YOU MAY!!

Wouldn't ya know my niece came and got the camera Friday, but thanks to my lovely computer I have old pitures of what I saw.
When I first got up I actually walked a complete circle.(Our house has a lot of room, just no storage. It was built in the 1400's and 8 years ago we stripped it down and rebuilt it from frame up.) When you leave my kitchen you walk in the hall, keep going straight your in the living room, then turn left your back in the kitchen. When I left the kitchen I didn't want to turn right because I would have been in the front bath or the boys room, which is a mess. Our bedroom and Kb's are right off the living room. So here it goes.....

That is our living room just befor you go into my bedroom. This pitcure was taken last year. So, the computer is not there any more. We have move the computer into the dinning area of the kitchen and made that part our class room. Which took me to my baby steps. It took me back to where I came.



That's my new location of my computer and my new one.
Isn't funny that my steps took me to both locations of my computer. LOL!
Thank You so much Hootin Annie for hosting this week. It was really fun!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just think you need more computers!

Hootin Anni said...

Let me get this correct, you say your home was built in the 1400s? Wow...I bet there are a lot of things it could tell us if only the walls could talk!!

[and ps...don't worry 'bout the 'treat' giftie...that's fine...really, life as we know it is way more important than a little graphic gift!! Think nothing of it dear lady]

Debs said...

Great post. :D I wake up I get on the computer, and before I go to bed I am on the computer. I heart my computer.

Anonymous said...

That is funny, you went in circles and found both computer spaces. That is awesome you rebuilt the inside of your home. That is a lot of work.

Jill said...

argh. you didnt leave your email address so i could reply! the shower curtain came from walmart. cheap. try asking around, i bet someone has an old cap and gown somewhere. even an old one would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

You can never have too many computers! I tried unsuccessfully to blow up that first pic. You look so much like my friend Daena from Michigan! You could be twins. I'll see if I can find a picture of her so you can see.

Tiggerlane said...

I could have done this, and stayed inside? I am interested to know more about your house - surely there is a lot of history there!

Anonymous said...

Wow - how long did your remodel take?

I love the green walls.

the rotten correspondent said...

Yowzah. The 1400's. That's amazing.And an awful lot of work to strip down and redo.

Kaytabug said...

A house built in the 1400's? CRAZY! Cool! So you just gutted the place? WOW!

Anonymous said...

LOL so funny you went in a circle to find both computers LOL And a home that was built in the 1400's?? THAT would be a dream of mine to find an old home like that and re-do it. Lucky lucky.

Bren said...

You can never have too many computers!

Sandy said...

Great post. Now when my husband says that I spend too much time on the computer, I can point out that at least I spend all my time on 1 computer, anyway. Thanks for sharing.

Kellan said...

Oh - we gotta have our special place for our computers!! Fun tour - I'm Kellan - nice to meet you.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the traveling computer. Mine is almost always unplugged & being toted around.

my4kids said...

You have a lot of color in your home also. How cool to live in that old of a home!

Junebug said...

You sound a whole lot like me. In the past anyway, I home-schooled my three children. They are all in college right now, all three of them. I love to sew, especially quilts.

ChrisB said...

I wonder if you have the oldest house of all the fun monday bloggers, it might be fun to find out. My house was built in 1851 so yours is way older.

Unknown said...

It must be neat to be able to run circles inside.

Anonymous said...

Hey...at least you were still able to post even if you didn't have your camera. Glad your computer is in a better place.

Robin M said...

That looks like my round oak table in your 2nd picture. How did you get it? Just kidding. Great pictures.

Robin of mytwoblessings

Hootin Anni said...

Re: Fun Monday hosting.

There is no list on who's hosting what day. This is how it's done.

For instance...last week, when another besides me had done the fun monday 'question' you read what it is and then, when you go into comment, you add "I would like to host next week'....in the comment. And then, on the monday you host, you add the name who responded the week before who wished to host!! As with mine yesterday, I had typed on the list that Karisma volunteered to host for next week [November 19th]. Now, when she writes what our assignment is for next week, you'd go into HER comment section on her blog, and volunteer for the following week....she'll either go to your comments/or email you that you are to host the next week...And on her list for fun monday she'll then put a 'note' beside your name stating that you're hosting the following week....

Someone may volunteer before you get there, but you will find out who's volunteering, so you would then go the NEXT volunteers's blog....

so on and so forth.

My link to Karisma [the host for the 19th] is on my Fun Monday Blog for this week....You could go from my blog to hers to see what the assignment is....[should be up today or real soon]