Friday, November 02, 2007

A stroll in the woods.

Gosh! It was so beautiful this morning.
My middle child went bow hunting with his daddy yesterday afternoon. He shot a doe and it got dark before they could find it. This morning my hubby asked me if I wanted to ride with them to see we could find it. I don't like going hunting with my husband because he stays so long, but today I knew we wasn't going to stay more an hour or two, because him and Josh were leaving for squirrel camp around 11 AM. So, I went to get out of the house and I just love taking a walk in the woods. It was cool and crisp out there this morning, just idea for a walk. After walking around checking out the beauty of the woods, uh! I mean looking for the deer, the arrow or both. I sat down on a log and just rested and enjoyed the peace.
I wished sometimes we had been able to find some land out in the country for we would have some woods to venture off in. I haven't done that in a long time. I really enjoyed my little walk and really needed it to. Gosh! What Peace and beauty!
Needless to say we didn't find any sign of the deer or the bow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great you could get out for a walk in the woods. Sometimes a rest comes in doing something you really don't feel like doing. Sometimes I take for granted the space we have around us, and sometimes, I am reminded by others who are not so fortunate. Maybe you will find a place in the country sometime.

Holly said...

Isn't it nice to get out. It was just what we needed this week too. DS doesn't want to do formalized sports anymore so I've decided we will do a family hike a week, better for all of us anyway (until it gets too hot at least).