Monday, November 05, 2007

An add on to Fun Monday


I was so caught up in helping get Deborah some recipes That I forgot to add some traditions. When Dan Dan I got married we made some traditions of our own to start with the kids.
Thanksgiving & Christmas
About 2 weeks before Thanksgiving we start making all different kinds of candy & cookies.
We mail them to friends or give them to people.
We dip pretzels in chocolate
We put peanut butter on Ritz crackers and dip in choc
We make Chocolate oatmeal cookies
Recipe:
1 cup sugar
1 tbs CO CO
1 stick butter
1/cup milk
Mix and boil 1 minute
remove from heat
Add 1/2 cup peanut butter &
3 cups oat meal
Mix well and drop on wax paper. Use a tbs to drop the cookies.
There are a bunch other candies and cookies we make but can't think of them right now or find the recipes.

Christmas
#1 We go and cut down a fresh tree. The whole family is involved on that.
#2 We put small and big candy canes on the tree. From the day we put it up, which is usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, we eat the small ones and on Christmas day we get our big ones.
As I think of more I may add later.

4 comments:

SabrinaT said...

I have been searching for he no bake cookie recipe for weeks. Thank You. I stumbled over from RegularMom's blog. TThanks again!!

Anonymous said...

My daughter LOVES this cookie recipe; you reminded me that when I was little, my aunt made and sent to us all kinds of candies--divinity and peanut brittle are the two I most remember. I sure do miss all that now.

(LOVE chocolate dipped pretzels! Do you use white or dark chocolate?)

Holly said...

Mmm, chocolate and PB. There were no Peanut Butter cups Halloween, not one. Now I'm hungry :-).

Anonymous said...

Those are some good traditions. I love those drop cookies, and could eat a whole batch by myself.