Saturday, November 03, 2007

Not one but two Awards

I'm just about lost for words. Okay you can stop laughing now, but I am about lost for words. Let me see who should go 1st. mmmmmmmmmmm, I guess the one who sent it 1st.

My 1st award.

1st I would like to thank Heather k. from http://minimemoirsofmine.blogspot.com/ for awarding this to me. I'm not sure of how "Wonder"full I am, but it does make me feel good. To me she is the Wonder Woman.
As I'm siting her thinking back about watching Wonder Women on TV, I can remember thinking how cool it would have those cuff lings she wore. To reflect off all the bad people had done to me. Now looking back and looking at my life now I do have them cuff lings. It's from Ephesians 6:16 "the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." I always thought my mom had the stare of truth instead of a lasso, because all she would have to do is give me that look and I would break. I still do till this day. I have that same stare with my oldest, but the other 2 try momma and that's when I do have to put a lasso on the and squeeze the truth out at times. As far as her jet, that would be nice to have! That way I wouldn't get a speeding ticket seeing that I'm always in a hurry. My kids say that all I need is my flying licence because I already fly. But if I had an invisible jet I couldn't get caught and I would be in the sky so, I would not have to worry about the slow pokes and wrecks.
Like I said I don't know how "wonder"full I am, but I can say that I have more confidence in myself now than I had 6 months ago. I have come a long way, so I guess you can say I'm a Wonder Woman in the making. To my kids I am their Super Hero! I do home work without flinching, clean house in a single bond, cook their supper almost every night and still have time to help others. I would like to know what kind of hairspray Wonder Woman used thou.
Now it's my time to pass this award to women that I think are Wonder Women.
1st I would pick Dawn @ http://coloursofdawn.wordpress.com/ This lady inspires me. She stays so busy yet so organized. I have come to know her really well over the last few months and sometimes when I read her blog all I can say is "WOW"
2nd I would pick hsing3kinder ( ) @ http://of-five.blogspot.com/ I love her art. She is a very inspiring person. I was fortunate enough to have her as my secret pal through TDJ. ( I home schooling board that I'm proud to be a part of) I'm not just picking her because she spoiled me, but because I think she is a wonderful person and I have really enjoyed getting to know her.
#3 I would like to pick Amy @ http://www.thefoilhat.com/insidethefoilhatblog.htm I also met this wonderful lady at TDJ. She has always been a wonderful person. I love reading her blog and having all boys. When I get down at time trying to home school and I jump over at her blog and she make me feel so much better.
There a few others out there that I think are wonderful themselves. Some of them already have this award, but you can't forget that I have a 2nd award.
Okay! To my 2nd award.

I would like to thank Dawn @ http://coloursofdawn.wordpress.com/ She said some nice things about me. Here is her quote: Katie from Kitten’s Homeschool: I started visiting back and forth with Katie late in the summer. She had a totally different upbringing than I, and her life is so different as well. We have grown to know each other through blogging, comments and emails. Katie is positive and posts often and is encouraging in her comments back.
It has really nice to get to know her also. As I said above, she is a inspiring person.
The designer of this award gave it out to 10 people with this in mind: “I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement.”

Here is my 10.
1- Heather K. http://minimemoirsofmine.blogspot.com/ Not because she gave me award, but she does make me smile. I have to say that we are there for each other when needing a lift.
2- Holly from http://hollysjoy.blogspot.com/ It has been so nice to meet this fine lady. She is always saying nice things about my bog and I have to say I like reading her blog and her ventures of her little boy and their home schooling. When you look at her picture, you can see the joy she has in her life.
3- Lisa @ http://becauseimthemamathatswhy.blogspot.com/ She is a real funny lady and she told me to "Shut Up" LOL! That's a joke between me and her. I like going to her blog and always enjoy her insight when she visits me.
4- Gailv @ http://hsalacarte.blogspot.com/ She always has something sweet to say. And a plus, she likes to sew also. I enjoy reading her blog and hearing what she has to say at TDJ.
5- fourmother @ http://fourmother.blogspot.com/ I like hearing her advice and she always seems to have it together.
6- Katherine @ http://ourreportcard.blogspot.com/ This lady is very bright and is not afraid to tell it as she sees it. I met her in person and I wished it was under different circumstances, but she was there for me in my time of need. She also is one of the people that has helped me over these last few months to overcome a few things.
7- Regular mom @ http://regularmom.wordpress.com/ Not only do I love her giant frog head, but I love reading her blog. She is a very uplifting person.
8- Not Jenny @ http://prairieknitwit.blogspot.com/She is always so full of joy and nice things to say. She had her baby not to long ago at home. The not to long after pictures she looked really good and still had a smile on her face. Gosh! I wished I had looked that good after having a baby!
9- Wendy @ http://zenwitchmommy.blogspot.com/ She is a mom new to the home schooling world. Sometimes she may not seem she so confident, but I think she does a wonderful job. She is a lady that respects the person and not what their beliefs are. To me that says a lot about the person. See, we both have completely different beliefs, but we respect that in each other. She doesn't judge you of your belief, but of what kind of person you act like.
10- but not least. Dawn @ http://daybydayhsing.blogspot.com/ She also another home schooling mom that I enjoy looking into their day of their adventure of home schooling. She has a very positive out look and always tell it like it is.
There are more wonderful people out there that I would like to give this award to,but could only choose 10. Hopefully I will see this award up on your blog soon from some of these wonderful ladies.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visiting all my fellow Fun Monday'ers through the NaBloPoMo list to say hi :o) You must be new to Fun Monday as I've been doing it for awhile now and haven't seen you. Welcome if you are. And if you're not, then just ignore me. I tend to ramble on sometimes. Congrats on the awards! See you around NaBloPoMo!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the award and your kind words. From what you have written, you have a fine array of people who are deserving of these awards. I will put it up and pass it on at the end of the week. Thank you again.

Oh, and Joy T is on my blogroll and a hoot to read.

Lisa said...

WoW! A second award from you, who would've thunk it? Thanks! Will have to wait till Mon. morn to really look at this more. have a good weekend!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

K said...

Hey Kitten, Thanks~!

How's your brother doing? Love, K

GailV said...

Congratulations! And thank you so much! I get so excited by these awards. Then I have that knot of dread in my stomach, because I know I'm supposed to show them on my blog, and I am SO CLUELESS, and y'all will think I'm ungrateful but really I'm not, I'm just sort of confused about how to get pictures from one place to another.

Dawn said...

Thank you so much! You don't know how much I appreciate the Wonder Woman one especially. I am such a comic book geek. :D

Wendy said...

Congratulations to you, for you are, indeed, a Wonder Woman. And, awwww, thanks! Maybe someday I will earn the title too.

hsing3kinder said...

Kitten, thank you for the award and for always being so encouraging! You deserve an encourager award!
~Kris