Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fun Monday "Meet Cute" Stories




Here are a few of our wedding pictures, almost 16 years ago.
Describe your meeting with your spouse/significant other. I especially want to hear "meet cute" stories. And it doesn't have to be your actual current sig/other. Perhaps the "meet cute" story is a former boy/girlfriend... or even a best friend. Illustrate with photos, of course.
Okay, if you don't read careful on the 1st part you might misunderstand. So, to make it clear, we were only step brother and sister for one year and I was 5 and he 4 and it had been almost 18 years since we had saw each other. So, with no misunderstanding of incest or anything like that I'll start my story of my husband and I.
Okay, my husband at the time was in jail and I was on the road of trying to straighten up my life. I went out with a friend girl one night just to get out a little bit. She kept telling me of this guy she was in love with and how wonderful he was. She told his name was Daniel Mc. I wanted to meet him because when I was 5 he was my step brother for about a year or less and I had not seen him since. I sure was not trying to or wanted her man. (To make the record clear) When we walked up to him on the court square with his friends, he grabbed me and whispered in my ear to keep that girl away from him. He said that his car broke down one night and she gave him a ride home and wouldn't leave him alone. Well, I was happy to see him, but was not looking for no man! I took him over to momma's because she had not seen him either in a long time. We just started hanging out catching up on the years. The more we hung out the closer we got, but he was getting closer than I was. He would scare the mess out of me because he would buy me things and take me out. He was so sweet. I try to run him off a few times. Well, when it was time for my husband to come home, which I had meant to get a divorce from, I told Daniel that I needed to do the right thing. Only Alen being home 2 days, I put him on the road fast! Daniel kept coming over, but I was still running. The day Alen came to get his divorce papers I was so glad Daniel was there, he ran him off. Well, I finally let my guard down and this wonderful man in my heart. The 25th of this month we will be married 16 years.
I don't know if that is what you consider a "Cute Meet Story" But it sure is an unusual one.

21 comments:

the planet of janet said...

wow. this is a story of amazing coincidences! thanks for sharing it.

Sayre said...

Is his daddy still alive? I imagine that would make for some awkward family gatherings...

Still, I think it's lovely that you two remembered each other fondly enough to kindle a new kind of flame when you re-met as adults. Congratulations on your 16 years and wishes for many, many more!

Hootin Anni said...

Very interesting....glad it all worked out for you both.

kitten said...

Yes, his dad is alive. Nope it don't make for awkward gatherings. My mom, Daniel's mom and Dan's dad get along really well. (After 16 yrs) It did cause a little uncomfortable feelings at 1st, but now, nope.
What is so funny, is when we 1st moved in this house 8 yrs ago, the kids told everybody that Dan & I were brother & sister, but married. We got a lot of funny looks, till they heard the whole story. LOL!

katy said...

you are right it is an interesting story but a lovely story, congrats on the 16 years

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 16 years. And thanks for clearing up that brother/sister bit for us!

Robinella said...

Unusual indeed. Glad things worked out for you both.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a couple I knew who's parents got married after they did. It was intersting trying to explain that one!

Aren't you glad Daniel just wouldn't be run off?!

Unknown said...

That is a strange series of events. Congrats on finding each other again.

Anonymous said...

Wow - not very many people say that they married their step-brother! (hee hee)

Anonymous said...

A very interesting story. I know someone who married her first cousin and kept her last name, but the cousin was actually adopted. It was strange though, because they grew up together. They are still married, and I am sure approaching their 55th anniversary. That is an interesting story and funny your kids have said that. I imagine that would get you some funny looks.

Pamela said...

That is an unusual story.
Truth is stranger than fiction in this case.

16 years is a good start!

Tiggerlane said...

I think it's funny that your friend ended up being like a "stalker" to him! That is VERY unusual, but cool!

Anonymous said...

I'm with tiggerlane, that's the first thing I thought of your friend when he whispered that to you. Too funny. An interesting story indeed and a huge congratulations on 16 years! Happy Fun Monday.

willowtree said...

That's a great story! But I have to confess that I'm still laughing! Not at the story but a how it could have sounded.

I mean, I was all set to comment on how I was amazed that this was the first mullet I came across when I read that you hooked up with your brother while your husband was in jail!

I know that's not the story at all, that's just my re-wording of it (I don't mean to insult you, I just have a weird sense of humour).

ChrisB said...

I think your is the most unusual story I have read so far. Many congratulations for your coming anniversary.

Holly said...

That's a great story. I'v been computer free for a while and am just catching up. What you miss out on :-).

Anonymous said...

That was unusual, but at least it appears to have a happy ending. I feel so lucky that I haven't had a divorce. There seems to be quite a few people who did the Fun Monday who did divorce but found happiness after all. Great story.

Robin M said...

Your story is one of the most unusual ones I have come across. I am glad everything worked out for you. Congratulations

Robin in CA

Jill said...

unusual yes, and arent you a lucky so-and-so, but it sounds like you know it! go you!

Jenni said...

LOL! I had the same thoughts as Willowtree. My first thought was to comment on the mullet. (Danny has one in our wedding picture, too.) Then the hooking up with the brother and, wait, who was in jail? I guess I have that same warped sense of humor. And I'm very glad to know it wasn't at all like that and that everything worked out. This story was just as sweet as the rest, but definitely the most fun:o)