Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Easy Hamburger Soup


Ingredients:
1/2 - 1 lb Hamburger meat (browned, scrambled and drained)
1 lb frozen veg-all
1 large can diced tomatoes
small onion (chopped)
4-5 peppers (I like to use 2 hot and 3 mild)(chopped)
2 cups noodles
For seasonings I use a little salt, pepper, season salt and garlic powder to taste.
Use a 6 - 8 quart pot.
You can either saute your peppers and onion when you brown your hamburger meat or when you put your veggies in. After you drain your hamburger meat add your veg- all, dice tomatoes, and noodles. Put enough water to cover well. Cook until veggies are tender and noddles tender.
Sometimes I add one can of tomato juice. Sometimes I also add a can of whole corn, green beans and purple hull peas to make a bigger batch. (you can use these veggies fresh or frozen, just what ever you prefer.
That's the good thing about soup, you can mix and match or add and take away.

You can either cook a pan of cornbread or eat with crackers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. I usually don't follow a soup recipe; it is something I end up throwing together when the time comes. I just have guidelines, and have made hamburger soup before. My kids like cheeseburger soup. I will have to share the premise of that one sometime. I also have the soup in a gift jar book and there is one the kids made years ago that is my favourite. I usually use a jar of that to make hamburger soup. I think I will try and post that before Christmas as it makes an awesome gift.

I tried the squares with peanut butter and cake mix. They were yummy.

kitten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.