Friday, October 05, 2007

My wonderful night at the ER

Gosh, don't you just love kids and their surprises? Mine have a lot of them. I was walking out the door going to the grocery store for a quick trip when my youngest son stopped me and told me he had something to tell me. I was like can't this wait till I get back. He didn't seem to be hurt or nothing major. He was like well!, Look What I did. He had been playing football in the yard and broke his pinkie finger. I was like "SHIT". I asked him if he was okay and he said he was fine. I told him I would be right back and wash up. I couldn't believe he was just standing there all cool and calm. His finger was off to the side and looked pretty bad. I got back home in less than 10 mins. called our service provider and told them what was up. They said that I should go ahead to the ER. I knew that, but we have to call. So, While I was on the phone with the lady, I hurried up with supper and took off. We got there at 7 PM and left about 12:30 -1 AM. They had 3-4 emergencies come in about the same time or just shortly after. We have got to go see a orthopedic surgeon Monday. Oh, Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! I didn't get upset with the wait because I understood the emergencies. One really caught my eye. This real young couple came in and they had a very young baby with them, maybe 4 mths old. The baby's face was real red and blood coming from his little nose. And he wouldn't stop crying. Bless his heart. Someone else that was there and leaving the same time as us said, that they over heard the mom say that the baby had rolled off the bed. I hope he is okay. For over 45 mins, they could not get him to stop crying.
Needless to say, I got home a little after 1 AM. Josh and I had not eat supper yet, so I warmed it up and we got in the bed about 2 AM. Only to crawl out of bed at 5:30 to get hubby up. I wish I wasn't baby sitting today, because I would have loved to go back to bed. Well, I guess I know someone that will go to bed early tonight. As long as my kids have no more surprises.
Where's my coffee!!!!!


Heather K. said...

((Hugs)) I hate those nights. I have spent way too much time in the ER. We have had visits to get staples in my son's head, a cast on his arm, and to get a popcorn seed out of Dd's nose. Every time I think that I have covered all the bases, they come up with a new and creative way to rack up medical bills. Hope son's finger is okay. I can't believe he wasn't screaming.

The bit about the baby rolling off of the bed terrified me. It made me remember all of the things you have to think about with a newborn. I hope the little bit is okay.

dawn said...

Wow, what an ordeal, and for him not to be crying or screaming in pain is amazing. I hate those kinds of surprises; sometimes you don't even have time to take photos of the injury he,he.

I like the new look of your blog.