Saturday, October 13, 2007

Home Air Freshners


We all like for our house to smell good, but so many are allergic to some many of the odors of the air fresheners, you just don't know what to use. I use something that not only helps makes your house smell good but adds moister back in the air. I get a pan of water and different kind of spices. (kinds you like and don't bother you)
Here is a list to help you get started.............
Add Cinnamon (ground or sticks) to 3-4 quart sauce pan of water. You can Orange peels. (either/or)
You can just squeeze a fresh orange and peel to water
You can add fresh lemon and peel to water
You can add fresh grapefruit and peel to water.
Or just any of your favorite spice.
Not only is it less expensive, but to me it makes your house smell so much better.
After you have chose the spice or fresh fruit you want to use, get it to come to a boil, then turn it down on low to slowly seep through the house. Turn it off when not needed. You can use and re use the same pan for 3-4 days before changing.
Hope You Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea. I did that years ago, but haven't done it in a while. I usually burn party lite candles because I just love the smells and the ambiance, and I have lots of parties so they don't cost me as much. I will definitely try this now that I have been reminded of it, especially when I get my new wood stove in a week. If you want to check it out, it is on Sirdar's blog (my husband) on my blog roll and scroll down to September 30ths post. I am very excited about it, and it has a warming shelf where I can dry herbs and it should be here in a couple of weeks or less. I can cook on it. I am so excited.

Oh, it is late so I will go on your other post when the kids aren't sleeping next to the office.

Cory said...

Great suggestion! All the artificial stuff...potpourri, spray, even candles...triggers migraines for me; so this will be a great alternative to try.