Sunday, September 02, 2007

recipe for the week

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Ingredients:
1 pk hamburger meat (4-5 lbs)
2 medium onions
2 cups of uncooked rice
2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
6-7 large bell peppers

Prep:
1st pan- dice up onions, put hb meat in and scramble till meat is brown, then drain. Add 2 cans of tomatoes. (salt and pepper to taste)
2nd pan- add 2 cups of rice with 4 cups of water. 1/2 stick of butter and 3 dashes of salt. Bring to a boil, then turn on low, cook 20 more mins.
Mix- Add the Hb and rice mix together. (you may or may not need all of the rice)
Wash the bell peppers, cut the top off, then carefully take a knife and cut out the inside.
Cook: Place bell peppers in casserole dish (this will help them stand up) Stuff the bell peppers with the mix and cook about 30 - 45 minutes @ 350 degrees. (cover with aluminum foil and put a little water in bottom of pan for steam)
*****************************************
You will have extra stuffing left. With the remainder, you can stuff more peppers or do like I do. I put it a freezer zip lock back for later and use it for something else. (Usually soup)I also add the left over rice with the stuffing.

2 comments:

hsing3kinder said...

So Funny! I am in desperate need of recipe ideas and I was going to put out a plea on my blog.
I loved stuffed peppers, but no one else in my family does. I think I'm going to make them anyway. They can be my lunches.
Anyway, great idea and thank you!!

kitten said...

You are very welcome. They can eat the stuffing part.