Monday, September 10, 2007

The Letter L



"L" stands for LaJune, that's my middle name. As I have gotten older it has grown on me. As a kid I didn't like that name. I wanted my middle name to be Elizabeth. I could spell Elizabeth before I could LaJune. (Imagine that) At age 7 I made up my mind that if I had a little girl I would name her Katie Elizabeth and I did.
"L" also stand for love. Here is the definition: n.
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
Sexual passion.
Sexual intercourse.
A love affair.
An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
Love Mythology. Eros or Cupid.
often Love Christianity. Charity.
Sports. A zero score in tennis.

My definition: I think people use the word to loosely. I feel if you don't mean it don't say it. I teach my kids to say like instead of love for everything. Only say you love something if you really mean it.

1 comment:

Holly said...

What is it about middle names; I always hated mine (Joy). But more the combination of the 2: Holly Joy, so obviously a nod to the season I was born.

I feel the same about hate (an overused word) and DS is being trained to use it in the same way.