Monday, September 22, 2008

Late Fun Monday

I know I signed up late, but I have been missing Fun Monday. It will be late this afternoon before I can get to most, but I'll do my best.
Heather is our hostess this week and she wants to know who your favorite team sports is. Here's what she had to say...
The topic: Sports. More specifically, the sports team that you are rabid about. Maybe you love the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe you never miss a Cincinnati Reds game. Perhaps you follow every goal of the Fighting Illini Water Polo team. Or maybe nobody can tear you away from a Manchester United game. I want to hear about whatever sports team(s) that make you cry tears of joy when they win and tears of sorrow when they lose.
And on the flip side, I also want to hear about the teams you love to hate and why you hate them so much. You know what I mean. Like when you meet a new friend who is really cool and fun, and then you find out they root for your most hated rival team and you actually consider for a moment that you can't be friends anymore. Those teams.
That's it. And if you don't like any sports at all, I don't know what to say to you. Tell us something else you are impassioned about.


When I was growing up I was my momma's hyper child! I had to be so busy that I tried all kind of sports till I found the one that fit me. I played on a all boy's baseball team (we didn't have any girl's baseball or softball back then here), I played basket ball, and finally tried out for Cross Country and loved it. Even thou I don't keep up with cross country much any more that happens to be my favorite sport.
As far as now, I like watching my kids play in sports. I rather watch them play baseball than football, but no matter what they are involved in, mom is there.
I don't have any pictures of JB playing baseball or football, but hopefully soon I will.
As far as local teams, I support our local school because that is where Jb goes and where I went to school. The Pontotoc Warriors! As far as our local college team I support the Ole Miss Rebels! My little brother went to school there and my family just has always supported them. Dan, the kids and I have several candles with Ole Miss on it.



Ps. I almost forgot. We are at the city school, but we have 2 county schools. I have several niece and nephews at South Pontotoc. I have 2 nephews that play football there. I also have a bother in law at North Pontotoc Vikings. He is on the Special Olympics team.




Hope you all have a Wonderful week!

11 comments:

Gattina said...

That's nice you support your kids ! I did this in the past, today I don't watch anything except my cat who watches sports, lol !

Debs said...

What a great post!!! :)

My son wants run track when he gets into sports. I like running, just not a fast runner. ;)

Have a great day.

storyteller said...

Nice ‘take’ on today’s challenge! I’m glad you decided to participate. I know you’ve been busy … but fun’s important too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Heather said...

I played basketball, softball and ran cross country, too! I really loved cross country - the team aspect was great.

Thanks for playing this week!

Alison said...

I also prefer to watch my children playing!!

Anonymous said...

I've been swimming while James is taking his lessons. And, I have to say, I see a lot of his games, but I also leave a lot of that for dad bonding time. I need some time on my own :-)

ChrisB said...

Even though I'm not a great sport devotee; it's very different watching ones children and grandchildren play sport, I would never tire of that activity!

Robocop said...

Supporting your local teams indicate a good sense of community.

jsi said...

Kid's sports are the best - I agree! Thanks for sharing!

MOM #1 said...

The only sport I watch is Baby Boy doing his tae kwon do and my niece doing her "flavor of the month." She hasn't found her niche yet, but I'll be there when she does.

Mom #2 is a true blue Dallas Cowboys fan. I usually go get a manicure because I can't even stand to be in the house when she and Baby Boy are watching the games. Can you say LOUD!

Anonymous said...

Of course we all have to root for the teams our kids are on! That's the best teams for sure.