Saturday, September 27, 2008

Blog Things & Some things kids say

I found this over at June Bug's and thought it was neat. I only agree with the 1st 1/2, but still had fun doing it.
Your Blogging Type is Kind and Harmonious
You're an approachable blogger who tends to have many online friends.
People new to your blogging circle know they can count on you for support.
You tend to mediate fighting and drama. You set a cooperative tone.
You have a great eye for design - and your blog tends to be the best looking on the block!


Some things kids say:
I have always heard, write down all the cute things your kids say when they are little because you will forget them when you get older. I would try to keep a note book and write down things that my kids would say or do, but some where down the line I have lost the notebooks. (SIGH) But no worries! I found the wonderful world of blogging and I can keep up with the things my kids say and do in cyberland! (Even my great nephews)
Here a few cute things they have said or done over the past years:

1) Caleb: (Great Nephew -age 6) We are at JB's baseball game and Caleb needs to go to the bath room. He tells me he is a big boy and can go by himself. I tell him, that's fine and I'll be stand right over there. He comes out of the bathroom and does not see me at 1st glance (he looked straight not even in my direction) and starts crying. This lady near by ask him what's wrong, he tells her that he can't find his grandmother. I walk over and say, I'm right here. (he stops crying) The lady ask if I'm his grandmother? I said no!, I'm his great aunt. He starts crying again and said, I have always thought you was my grandmother! I giggle a little and tell him I'm his great aunt and explain to him briefly and he's fine. On the way home he said, I still thought you was my grandmother, but since I'm you great nephew and you are my great aunt that makes us both great! I Like that, he said.

2) JB (my middle child- 14 in Dec.) He has said a lot of cute things over the years. Once he told me that I was his girlfriend and he was going to marry me. (He even sent me a cute video last year) Now, that he is getting older he is starting to loose that, but I have it wrote here and the video to prove it! Now having said all that to get to this week. (Let me explain a little 1st) JB started public school this year, 7th grade. One of the little boys from church had transferred to the city school also. So, this made them both comfortable because at least they knew each other. At lunch they always sit together. (They both have made other friends since, but still hang pretty tight) A few weeks ago this other boy didn't come to school. So, at lunch Josh was sitting at his assigned table all by himself. This 8th grade little walked up to JB and asked him if he was missing KH. Playing around and not really knowing what to say, JB said, yes. She asked him if she could sit with him to keep him company. He told her yes. After a few minutes she got in trouble because that wasn't her table. For the last few weeks if her and JB pass in the hall she would ask him to hold her book for a minute. (She was always looking for excuses) Fast forward to this week. JB's games are on Tues nights and his jersey number is 35. Wed he came home all excited in a nervous way and said, momma I have a problem! I thought that some of those boys had been trying to start with him again, so before he could finish I said, I will go to the principal in the morning about those boys! JB said, no momma it's not the boys this time! I said, okay what's wrong. He asked me if I remembered the little girl and I replied, yes. He said, well she had my jersey number wrote on her hand today and all over her note book! What am I going to do?!? I wanted so bad to laugh, but I didn't. I just told him to be a friend and tell her that's all you want to be. He sighed real big and said, GOOD!, she almost made my heart jump out of my chest!

I will share more later. Hope you have a wonderful week end!

7 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Children certainly do say the darnedest things.

Oh and regarding your comment. Baby Boy is definitely going off to community college next year.

He's already smarter than I am, LOL. The one thing that I do find comfort in is the curriculum we use has call in support and online support so if he gets really stuck (not very often) and I can't help him (VERY often) he does have other alternatives to get support.

Have a great weekend!

Attie said...

OOHh thats so cute!! That is a good idea to keep a book to write things in!! iam gonna do that!!!

Robocop said...

One day when Debs was making lunch, Thing 2 asked "Momma,when you are done burning lunch,could I have something to drink?"

storyteller said...

Hi – I enjoyed your Blogthing and the ‘things kids say’ makes me miss teaching … almost ;--)
Hope you feel less stressed soon.
Hugs and blessings,

karisma said...

You certainly are great! How sweet! I just overheard my 10 year olds friend pipe up with, "I wish pee was blue" my son replied, "why??" "Coz it would be totally cool! My son replied "You are totally weird!" And they both cracked up laughing!

karisma said...

Haha! Just read Robocops reply! I could not help but laugh! Debs was probably too busy cross stitching! I have done that many a time! Woops!

Anonymous said...

Those are both very sweet things from boys. I had trouble keeping a journal when they were little too, and wish I had known about blogging.

My blog personality type is Logical and Principled.
You like to voice your well thought out opinions on your blog.
And if someone doesn't like what you write, you really don't care!
Serious and blunt, sometimes people take your blog the wrong way.
But you're a true and loyal friend to those who truly get you.

I think it is mostly true, but really I don't know of anyone who has taken my blog the wrong way, or not seriously anyway.