Friday, September 05, 2008

Fun Fridays

Last year we started Fun Fridays. What are Fun Fridays you ask? Well, after studying all week we do little test to make sure the kids understand what we have learnt then do fun grafts, science projects and other fun stuff. The other day I found a fun recipe over at Dawn's and thought it would so cool to do for this Friday.
Here's a the recipe:
Kool-Aid Playdough
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
1 pkg unsweetened Kool-Aid
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
Mix the dry ingredients. Add the oil to the water, then pour into the dry ingredients. Stir well, kneading until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge when not being played with.

We made Blue; blue berry, Red; cherry, Green, lemon lime. We are going to make Yellow; lemon and Orange; orange tomorrow.
Thanks Dawn we had a blast!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a good time and I am glad you were able to use the recipe. It is definitely a fun activity.

karisma said...

Cool we will have to try this some time. I generally cook our playdough! It seems to last longer.

This looks like more fun for the kids.

storyteller said...

This definitely looks like lots of fun to me! I used to do this kind of thing with my students occasionally when I was still teaching.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I bet it smelled great. Looks like fun for all :-)

Anonymous said...

OOHH for fun!!! Looks like they loved it!! Yes I was thinking the same thing I bet it did smell good!!!! Would be hard not to take a bite!!

ChrisB said...

Gosh that takes me back many years to when I used to run a home based playgroup and we made our own dough.