Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Book meme, Award & KB being sick

Today I decided to do 3 post in one. 1st I'll start with my book meme.
RegularMom tagged me for this.
This one’s a book meme. Short and sweet. The rules are:

Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people and ask them to do the same (unless you’re Doc, and unless you don’t want to, that is.)
Okay, at my desk I usually am surrounded by school books. The nearest book by me is "History of the United States"
These practices earned bonanza farmers huge profits. In one year, for example, Dalrymple grew 25 bushels of wheat per acre and sold it foe .90 cents a bushel, or $22.50 per acre. Since his investment cost were just $9.50 an acre, Dalrymple earned a profit of $13 an acre- a return of more than 100%.
Okay, I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you wanna play, be my guest.



jobeaufoix gave me this award.

Thanks girl! I also want to spread the Love! So, I want to pass it along.
I would like to give it to.... Dawn
June Bug
Heather K
Robin
Ami
Heather
Holly
and Laura
I really could have passed it to all on my list and a few more I have not added yet, but I thought I would allow these ladies to spread the Love if they wanna.
**************************
Now, KB. Bless her heart she has the Flu and Bronchitis. I really hope this don't spread through our whole family. The bad thing is she was at momma's this week end. I sure hope mom don't catch it. I'm trying to stay away from momma's till we are clear, but she needs me I take a bath. We have never had the Flu in the house before so I guess I'm in for a treat! The Dr. really stressed that if she gets any worse to bring her back because so many has already died of it this year. Well, I guess I need to go the store and get some Gatorade and pop cycles before the bad weather gets here. We have Tornado warning out for today till midnight.
Hope yall have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitten, you're so sweet! Thank you, and I hope KB feels better soon.

Robinella said...

Hope everyone feels better soon! Thanks, Kitten.

Heather said...

Thanks for the award, Kitten. Ugh the flu SUCKS! I really hope it doesn't spread around the whole house, and I hope your daughter feels better soon.

the rotten correspondent said...

Are you guys okay with the tornadoes? What a scary day that was.

Love the meme and I may swipe it from you. It's different from a lot of the others.

And the flu is in full swing here too. Gatorade is good.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about KB being sick. I hope she feels better soon and the rest of you don't get it. Thanks so much for the award. I will try to put it up this weekend. This week is a little wild and it doesn't seem to be slowing down a lot just yet. I am just trying to catch up on blog reading.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hope you all cope with the flu and that the rest of the family don't get it. Poor KB. Flu is rife in the UK. We just haven't had a cold enough winter to kill all the bugs.