Tuesday, December 18, 2007
12 questions of Christmas
I found this meme over at Hootin' Anni's blog. I have been meaning to do it, but just haven't got to it yet, so here it is.
For the holiday season, I've started a meme. "The Twelve Questions of Christmas" If you'd like to participate, I'd be honored to have you join in the fun. If you'd like, you are welcomed to use the meme header graphic!
1. Christmas is Wonderful. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]
2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? My grandaddy (DiDi) always bringing us fruit and Hersey candy bars for our stocking.
3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what] Yes! I always got my roller skates.
4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? We open gifts at my mom's and Dan Dan's mom's on Christmas Eve and we open gifts here and his grandmother's on Christmas Day.
5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] The kids and I use Bark chocolate and dip all kinds of stuff to make candies. We also make apple sauce and cinnamon ornaments.
6. What is your favorite five Christmas songs/hymns? Pretty Paper by Willie Nelson, Blue Christmas by Elvis, Christmas Shoes by New Song, Mary did you know? by Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd and Little Drummer Boy.
7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? We cut a fresh tree.
8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country] We always go stay the day at Dan Dan's grandmother's.
9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? Sometimes I wear a new Christmas shirt.
10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? My kids have when they were smaller. I got to sit on Santa's lap for the 1st time the day before my 18th birthday. We spent the whole week end in Memphis and the time of our lives. (My mom, step dad, youngest brother and me)
11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? Cinnamon ornaments.
12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? This is our 1st year. My picture was on Fun Monday. My kids put up the lights.
Thanks Anni! This was fun!