Friday, May 15, 2009

Rain Rain go away Kitten wants to go out and play!


Spring has sprung and the garden is growing, not! We have had more rain than days in this month. Matter fact we have had more rain in the last 6months than we have ever had. We are going to have to replant the garden. All of our seeds rotted in the ground. I'm hoping the rain will slow down enough for we can replant before it's too late in the year.
I love fresh veggies, so I'm hoping we can get a brake soon. I went and bought me a few big pots to plant some tomatoes, so maybe I can at least have those. The only thing is I want have enough to can. I guess I will survive, but I rather have my own canned tomatoes than buying dice tomatoes in a can.
I think the biggest issue I have with all the rain is we can't really get outside and play! Yes, KB has had a few softball games and JB will too, but really getting out of the house during this time of year is out of the question at this time. When we are able to go outside without rain, it is so hot and humid you can’t enjoy yourself, little long breathe.
Other than weather issues we are all good here. After today, JB only has 3 more days of school and we will have all those other stupid issues behind us until next year. Even though things have settled down here, I have cut our school off even though we haven’t finished our year. In about 2 weeks, I plan to do school with KB 2 days a week through the summer then another break in July before we start back. This will give her and me 2 days a week and about 2 hours a day of our time. Rocker Dude has decided to wait till next January before he takes any college classes. I told him that would be just fine. I wasn’t trying to rush him, but didn’t want him to get bored either. This kid LOVES to learn. I can’t believe he will be a senior this coming school year! Where has the time gone?
Well, I need to go get a bath and get to mom’s.
Hope You have a wonderful day!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!

8 comments:

karisma said...

Well I was gonna say, go and play in the rain, but then I remembered reading that you had been a bit under the weather recently so I changed up my mind already! haha! Hows about you throw stuff out the window into the rain, that might be fun! LOL! I know I am so helpful, aren't I?

Im glad you are feeling better though and that things are looking up. Im sure the sun will come out soon and you will be wanting some rain again, its the way of things hey?

Hugs and smoochies, much love xxxxooooxx

Junebug said...

We have been having the crazy days of rain too. Over 20 in a row.

MOM #1 said...

Well send some of that rain over here. We are having the driest spring in over decade and our water bill is sky high because we have to water our garden with the hose so darn often.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

I'm considering waiting until January for cc classes on Baby Boy too . . . but we're not sure yet. I guess we'll see.

SabrinaT said...

I hope it stops raining for you soon!

How grand to have a senior this year...

Have a great weekend.. Try and take time for YOU!!!!!!

Pamela said...

I hate to tell you how beautiful it has been here ...
sending you sunshiny thoughts.

Attie said...

I hope you are having a sunny day today!!! enough of the rain!!! i am wishing the wind would go away!!! Summer needs to come soon!!!

ChrisB said...

I've come back to torrential rain and I bet they will still say there is a water shortage come the summer-that's if we ever get one!

dawn said...

At least it isn't snowing there. We have had snow the last couple of days and sleet and rain. Today the kids had their wind up party for drum class. They played street hockey and got soaked and loved it. They say they are real Canadians out in the weather. It is suppose to get nice here now for a few days. I hope so.