Monday, May 11, 2009

The new in?

What will they think of next? Just found out this past week that the new in at school is start a fight with someone and put it out on video. My JB and two of his friends had made a video out in the yard of them play boxing and put it on Face book. I guess some kids at school found out about it and challenged JB at school. But, their challenge was for real. JB knowing he couldn’t get into any more trouble turned these kids in to the principle. When JB got home Friday, I found that the principle had kept JB in the office during football for he wouldn't be jumped. Plus JB had told him about the video, so the principle was going to watch the video to see if JB was telling the whole truth or if the other boys were. In my eyes JB has, the more too loose than the others so I don't think he is lying. But where in the Heck did these kids come up with idea to video staged and unstaged fights for entertainment? I have no idea! I do know that my JB is sometimes easily persuaded to follow others. I do know I was the one totally against him going back to school! I do know that he has to find out a few things on his own and I can't protect him from every little thing. I also know as a parent that this year has been challenging to the utter most. JB has less than 2 weeks left in school. I sure hope this can be handled very smoothly and we get this year behind us.
But that question is still in my mind. Where in the world did these kids get in their mind to fight on video for entertainment?

6 comments:

Junebug said...

I had home-schooled my son through the sixth grade so when he went to 7th grade it was middle school for the first time. A boy whose mother went to school with me started making fun of my son for some strange reason. So my son apparently sticks a pencil in this boy's hand. He has to go to the office and actually faces expulsion. The principal talks to him and finds out the details. I get a note and get to go visit the principal too. The principal decides since the boy was bothering my son, if my son will apologize for stabbing his hand and go to detention for a few days, he can stay in school. Gosh! Did I feel bad?! It all blew over but whew! Never knew or expected that to happen.

Ami said...

There's a huge craze sweeping through the schools right now of people filming fights and putting them on YouTube.

Lots of kids have gotten in serious trouble over it, hope your JB does not.

MOM #1 said...

That's insane. I have heard about it a little bit on the Dr. Phil show (yes, I do watch it)but if I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't believe it.

I'm glad JB didn't get in too much trouble.

Yikes! One more thing for a Mom to worry about.

Holly said...

Oh my. Good for him for going to the principal. I hope that this all blows over. I have heard of this "trend." It's not easy, is it?

Hugs. Hope you had a good Mother's Day.

Heather said...

Where do they get the idea? WWF doesn't help. I'm glad he went to the principal and didn't let the other kids bait him into more trouble. The school year is close to an end. Hang in there.

jettied said...

oohh goodness!! It has been going on for awhile!! Kids imaginations are getting put to use on not so good things!! I hope it will all turn out alright!! Harmless fn it seems and others can changethat very quick!!!!!