"I’ve lost several friends through Breast Cancer. We can only hope that there will always be funds enough to keep the research going. Some illnesses can never be cured, but there’s been so much progress in Cancer Research that many people have been saved.
One of the most important things is Early Detection. Read more about that here.
* One in eight women or 12.6% of all women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.
* Breast cancer risk increases with age and every woman is at risk.
* Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer.
* Seventy-seven percent of women with breast cancer are over 50.
* Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women between the ages of 15 and 54, and the second cause of cancer death in women 55 to 74.
* Risks for breast cancer include a family history, atypical hyperplasia, early menstruation (before age 12), late menopause (after age 55), current use or use in the last ten years of oral contraceptives, and daily consumption of alcohol.
* Early detection of breast cancer, through monthly breast self-exam and particularly yearly mammography after age 40, offers the best chance for survival."
Facts taken from Women’s Health
And now here is the tag and the rules:
1. Put the logo in your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who shared it with you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add your link to the list of participants below
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
1- Fara 2- Massy 3- N.O.Y 4- Mariuca 5- A Great Pleasure 6- LadyJava 7- Kim 8- Pink Thoughts 9- Turn-u-Off 10- Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 11- STAY AT HOME MOM 12- Fida Abbott 13- Also Mommy 14- Janice Ng 15- Juliana’s Site 16- The Painted Veil 17- Heart of Rachel 18- Mga Muni-muni 19-Picture Clusters 20- Scraps of Mind 21- Antoinette 22 - Hootin' Anni 23 - storyteller 24- Kitten
(I was able to get all links but one)
I'm going to break the rules and leave it open for those who choose to join. I do urge you to, but because of time I'm going to leave it up to you to spread the word. I have never had breat cancer, but have had to have 2 lumps removed in the last few years. Let me tell you, it is a scary thought.
Please join 'the Pink Sisterhood' if you choose and leave me a link when you do.
If you decide to participate, please leave me a link
so I can visit you & those you 'tag' or invite.
I also found this little fun @ Story Tellers: Hope you have FUN!
Your Passion is Pink!
You're the type of woman that would never get described as passionate...
Oh but you can be passionate at times - you just don't let it show.
Your passion most shows through in your sweet and optimistic attitude.
And chances are, most people are very passionate about you!