Saturday, May 10, 2008

Say Something Saturday: Float Away!

Here's Ami's Say Something Saturday Assignment
I got a phone call today from my long time friend, Red. He told me he was going across country in his hot air balloon and wanted to know if I would come along for the journey. I told him that it would be wonderful to get away. I have never been in a hot air balloon before, nor have I ever been more than 20 feet off the ground. I was a little nervous about flying so high in the sky, but life has been a little over whelming lately. I was hoping that the flight would be joyous and relaxing, instead of nerve racking, we would just have to see. I ask him where I should meet him to get on the balloon and how long would it be before he got to Mississippi. He said that he would be near me in about 2 hours and said that he could land at our local airport. (If you could call it that. LOL!) I told him that was a good idea and would give me enough time to make arrangements since we were going to be gone about a week. Those were the longest 2 hours of my life! My stomach was in knots by the time he got there. I almost talk myself out of going, but Red reassured me that I would really enjoy myself and that I really needed this trip. So, I hopped aboard and off we went. The 1st 30 minutes to an hour was a little scary, but then I got to looking at all the beauty that was below. I could not believe how breath taking it was. I was so glad I brought my camera. I took tons of pictures! Here is one…..


Isn’t it beautiful! I was so glad that I went one this trip. It was very peaceful and really helped me think about my life in a whole different view. After the 3rd day I started getting a little stir crazy sitting and standing in such a small space, but it was just the thing I needed.
When we started getting close to my home town, I had mixed emotions. I was ready to get back home to my children, but this trip was so serine, relaxing and beautiful, I hated for it to end. When we got to our air port I thanked Red for such beautiful trip and letting me see all the beautiful things our world has out there. My children were very glad to see me and couldn’t wait for me to share my story of my venture and the pictures of this trip of a life time.

(This story is complete made up, but I would love to have the chance to take such a trip!)

4 comments:

Junebug said...

Cool story! I was with you all the way. I thought you had actually gone but it was a fun trip anyway. Maybe someday. I like to daydream. I guess that's why I always liked to read and watch movies about faraway places. I want to go to Holland someday. How 'bout you?

MOM #1 said...

That was a great story, very whimsical.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I'd love to do a balloon ride too...although perhaps not for a week!

It would just be wonderful to forget all the cares and worries for even just a little time!

karisma said...

Well, you had me going! Right up until the third day bit! Then I was like hang on a minute??? But if it was real, "Totally Awesome!" I would love to go on a balloon ride, but maybe just for a couple of hours.