Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My kids teaching me. HA!~

This past school year was a big drag at times! I was so ready for our summer break! Making the kids do there school work was getting the best of them and me. I was worried about this up coming school year because of how hard it was to get their work done. Then low and behold this summer they have been finding things to study on their own and having a ball with it. I guess it is because they are discovering it own their own and we are not sitting down and doing it. Here is what has got their interest so far..........
1) We planted a garden, the kids were not so interested at first but as things started to grow and we have had a few problems they have gotten into it major. I have come in here to the computer and looked up stuff and we have even went to the feed store and have them talk to us.
2)JB got him an iguana and we looked it up on the computer. (A lot of interesting things!)
3) Kb went and saw her uncle the other day then all the sudden picked her books I bought for fun/learning.
4)They also have started wanting to know how exercise helps the body and other things about the human body. I was shocked! Because the human body is one thing on our list for this fall.

I guess this is what some of the other home school mom's mean by kid lead. I know that the kids will have to go back to seat work this fall, but I guess I could do less of it and do more kid led and hands on. I mean, if this is how they learn better and more involved, I'm all for it!
Life is just an adventure and you learn day by day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great and encouraging post! Thanks for sharing, you're excitement shows through your words.
Be checking your mailbox deary ~ there is a little somethin-somethin headed your way! SP