Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My dad's obituary

Troy (Ken) Keith>Pope, MS -
Troy (Ken) Keith, 67, died April 18, 2006 at Tri-Lakes Medical Center. Services are Saturday at Forest Hill Funeral Home on Whitten Road in Memphis at 10 AM with burial following. Visitation will be Friday from 5-8 PM on Friday.Ken, born in Pontocola, MS on February 10, 1939, was a bus driver for South Panola Schools. He was retired from Pepsi Cola in Memphis, where he won numerous awards, including Salesman of the Year. He was a member of Courtland United Methodist Church. Survivors include his wife, Marcy, of Pope; his children, Rory and BettyReeves of Vernon AL., Russell and Christi McLain of Missouri, Sam and Carolyn Keith of Pontotoc, Ms, Randy and Pam McLainof Memphis ,Mike and Robin Keith of Pontotoc, Ms, Katie and Daniel McGloflin of Pontotoc,Ms, Teri and Bill Hoffman of Memphis, and David Keith of Pontotoc, Ms; one sister, Carolyn and her husband Billy Mauldin of Tupelo Ms; 27 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents,Rufus Troy Keith and Mona Hendrix Keith, 2 brothers, Rex and Max Keith, and one son, Kenny Reeves.
Sam, Mike & David Keith are my real brothers. Kenny and Rory Reeves are my half brothers from my daddy's 1st wife. Terri, Randy & Russel are my step brothers and sister. He was married to my step mom for 33 yrs. So, I guess you can say I had 2 moms and their was 9 of in all.
In loving memory of my Daddy.
kitten

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Katie,

I'm sorry to hear about your father.

Thinking of you,

kitten said...

Thank you!
kitten

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you posted his obituary. It looks like he has left quite a legacy. Take care of yourself, Katie.

kitten said...

Thank you Angela. Yea my dad was a very good man. One thing we laugh at is when all of was with daddy and go into a resturant. LOL! you talking about turning heads. Or when he would go to Krsytals and order 36-.25cent hambubers and one drink with 9 straws.LOL!
Thanks for helping me laugh.
kitten