Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fun Monday ABC's



This week our host is Swampy and she wants us to do our ABC's! Here's her rules...Choose a topic/theme and make an alphabetical list of words, phrases, photos...however you want to share your topic/theme.

Topics can range from pet-peeves, vacations, people who have influenced your life, jokes, favorites, philosopher's quotes/sayings, birds, flowers...anything. The sky is the limit. Your ABC list can be depicted with words, photos, illustrations... You are limited only by your imagination. Be funny. Be serious. Be creative. Be sarcastic. Be there, or be square.

And, yes, of course you may bend the rules. Just entertain us. If you can't do all TWENTY-SIX, do as many as you can. (If you have kiddos, let them join the fun and help with the list. Make it a family, brainstorming session.)

************************************
I thought this would be pretty cool, because last August I did an ABC meme all about me. I did 2 words for each letter of the alphabet either about who I am or things that are dear to me. This Fun Monday will give me a chance to do it again and then later on I can go back and see how close my answers compare. At first I thought of just trying to describe me, but leaving out things dear to me, I just really couldn't describe me without them. Now, the only difference between this Fun Monday and my Meme is that I will try to only use one word for each letter.
So, Here I go!!!!!!!!!
**********************************
is Aron. (He is my oldest and my Love!

is for Bubbles the buffalo. This is a nick name I got during Wood Badge because of my Bubbly personality.

is for Cheerful. (I'm a over all Cheerful person)

is for Daniel. (He is my husband of 16 plus years! and my Love!)

is for Easy going. (Because that's just me)

is for Friendly. (My mom and husband say that I'm over friendly, but that is just me.)
is for Green. (That is my favorite color)
is for Happy go Lucky and Heart. (I'm a Happy Go Lucky person (most of the time) and my heart is bigger than me.)
is for Individual. (I'm most certainly one that is different than most and rather be that way.)

stands for Josh. (He is my middle child, my little Red, and my love!)
stands for Katie Beth. (She is my youngest, my little princess and my love!)(Kitten is also my nick name from birth and has stuck with me all my life)


stands for Love. (I'm a very loving person and I Love people and Life!)
stands for Magnolia. (I live in the Magnolia state and proud of it)
stands for number. I like the study of Biblical Numerology. It just fascinates me the symbolic meaning behind numbers. (I have recently found the book I have been looking for years. Numbers in the Bible : God's Unique Design in Biblical Numbers by Robert D. Johnston

stands for Open or Open minded. (I'm a very open person and very open minded. I may not always agree with you, but I'm opened to your ideas instead of being prejudiced or simple minded.)

stands for parent and Proud to be one!
stands for quilts. I love learning how to make them.


stands for reasonable. (I try to always be a reasonable person)

stands for Sagittarius. (That's my birth sign)

stands for Ten. (That is my favorite number) also stands for Trust. something I need to work on. Not only in others, but in myself.)

stands for Unique. That I am! I'm one of a kind! Aren't you glad? U also stands for Understanding. (I'm a very understanding person, maybe too understanding for my own good at times.)

stands for Valentine's day. (One of my favorite Holidays, it stands for spreading Love!)

stands for Wisdom. It is great to have wisdom and I like to learn, but it's better to have understanding with with wisdom. (Which I don't always have and wish I had more) W also stands for World. we as HomeSchoolers, the world is our learning place and I wish I could travel the world just one time while I have my kids home and learn more about how others live.)
stands for number 10 in Roman numerals,(X 10 (ten) (decem) which you already now is my favorite number.

stands for Youth, which I dearly love working with.

stands for Zest. Here are 2 definitions that really do fit me. The outermost part of the rind of an orange, lemon, or other citrus fruit, used as flavoring. (Which is my favorite smell and taste. I also love clean with citrus fruits like lemon.) Spirited enjoyment; gusto: When I do something I usually do it with my all!

20 comments:

Pamela said...

hah! I loved how you handled X. That has been a tough one for everyone!

Alison said...

great list..I love the quilt letters you used also!!

Peter said...

Well done, another "different" approach.

Melanie said...

What a great list- and I just love the quilt letters you used.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

It's great seeing all the different ways this FM has been interpreted! I love your list!

Anonymous said...

I love the "quilt block letters." So, so creative you are. What a wonderful insight into your heart...a loving heart I might add, for sure !
Love the X...that's the first I've of it being "denoted" this way. You are one smart cookie.
Thanks for playing the game. Have a wonderful week.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Love the Block letters and LOVE your list. Great job!

Kaytabug said...

What a fantastic list!!! What a joy to read! Loved the quilt letters!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...what a nice samplin' :). That must've taken forever to upload all those images! What patience you must have!

Several participants have done what you did--provided a list to help readers get to know you a bit better.

Thanks!

:)

Anonymous said...

Great job on your ABC's. Wonderful to get to know a little more about you.

Anonymous said...

I love your list! What you wrote, as well as the quilty letters. Good job!

Jill said...

how fun!

Faye said...

How is it that something this simple as to define yourself by the alphabet can really reveal how you perceive yourself? More challenging than on first thought. I'm going to try this exercise. Hope I end up liking the person I uncover as you did, Kitten.

Attie said...

Wow what a great list!!!!!!!!
I really want to thank you for your kind words this am!! Come over and see what we found!!!!!

karisma said...

Very nice! The letters looked great and the words were wonderful.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Fab list lovely Kitten. You are unique. :D

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it. So colorful and cheerful and fun to read!!

Celeste said...

I agree -- a great list. But that is to be expected of a Sagittarius. :D

ChrisB said...

Very creative. Your letters are so pretty and I enjoyed reading your great list.

Sandy said...

What a great job you did! Sorry it took me so long to get here. I started a new job 2 weeks ago and time has evidently started to exist in a parallel universe 'cause I can't find it any more!