Saturday, February 28, 2009

A little catch of what's happening in my world, Part 1


I have missed so much with all my friends in the last few months and so much has happened here. Not sure where to start.
KB has really improved on her reading! We still have a ways to go, but we seem to be on the right path. We have been using Evan Moor. (www.evanmoor.com) With Dyslexia it is hard sometimes to find what works and what do not. Luckily, we seem to be on the right path. She is even sitting around writing songs. After she writes them, I go over all the spelling and grammar errors and let her rewrite it. Over the past week or two, she is having fewer errors.
KB has also decided to play softball instead of tennis. She wants to see which one fits her best. She has also joined the choir at the church we have been visiting since we left ours. Her joining the choir has been a very big power booster for her. The girls clubs she is in has also been great for her. I am letting her go to summer camp with the girls club and to a Jamboree with the choir this month.
As far as the church goes, I think we did the right thing. I never thought of myself of going to a BIG church, but it sure has been what is working for us. I did write a 15-page letter to my pastor and his wife and let all that garbage go. It still hurts like a divorce, but it is getting better over time. I still feel a little out of place at our new church, but it is working great for the kids and I have learned a lot in the last few months there. I have forgiven and let go the hurt from the other church, but I also still miss it. I do not see us going back, but maybe in due time we may visit.
In the next few days, I will be writing a little insight of each of the kids and how they are doing. Plus a little catch up on me.
Hugs to all!
You never know how much someone means to you till you are unable to be around them.

5 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Well it seems your time offline has left you available to handle some things in real life and there's nothing negative to say about that.

Glad to see you blogging again.

Take care!

Ami said...

I've met some lovely people in churches. Church is also where I've met the nastiest ones.

I hope that you will continue to do what's right for you and whatever spiritual growth/sustenance you need.

It sounds like your daughter is doing really well. :)

And I am with Mom #1... glad to see you blogging again. I've missed you.

SabrinaT said...

Glad you are back. a good church can be hard to find!

Wendy said...

It is great to see you back and read the good things happening for you and your family. I look forward to seeing you more often now! :)

Anonymous said...

We left a church (I had attended for 20 years), about 12 years ago. It was only a little difficult. We found an new larger one, six months later. I was looking for a big church where people were friendly but didn't care too much about me, or rather, didn't care what I wore, didn't care what my house was like, didn't care if I smiled at the right time at them or said hi every week, or if I had a good job. I found just that and after about 6 years, I finally started to get to know some of the people and now the kids are older and involved, it is all good. Being in a big church has it's merits.